Any Ideas for Display Boxes?

Started by ramsey37, April 01, 2008, 03:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramsey37

I recently picked up this item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370034097730&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=024
I'd like to find a nice clear display box to keep it in, since the plastic bag is already showing signs of age and I'd like to keep it free of dust and damage. I saw all kinds of action figures cases on eBay, but nothing that would be big enough for this 12"X 7.5" bag. Anyone have any pointers where to look for something that will work?
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

poseablemonster

I have mine placed in a shadow box and it looks pretty good.  If you go to a craft store, just find one with the proper measurements and there you go.  You can even hang it on the wall that way.

Sleepyhollowstudios

Oh, dear. I remember that candy vividly from when I was a kid. Many Halloweens were spent just staring at the black and white artwork on the individual boxes. Memories!

Anyway, you might want to check out Michael's, or any other craft store, as poseablemonster already suggested, for football or basketball display cases. These are large and most are made completely out of glass or acrylic so you'll be able to see it from all angles, not just the front. I used to have a Batman utility belt displayed in a football case and it worked perfectly!

Hope this helps!

-Andy
Bugs Bunny is my dream. Wile E. Coyote is my reality.

Roback

Since the packaging is already partially open you might just want to open em' and eat those tasty little treats. ;D
Robert Acquarulo

The Phantom Creep

If you have a Container Store location near you they have some pretty interesting display cases.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

ramsey37

Quote from: Roback on April 02, 2008, 02:24:09 AM
Since the packaging is already partially open you might just want to open em' and eat those tasty little treats. ;D
The package is still sealed, but it feels a bit stiff, like the plastic is aging. At this point, I'm sure the bag would be tastier than the candy...
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Roback

Ya know, I just remembered that I had used these football display cases to display boxed WGSH vehicles. They come with or without logos, with different colored bases and can be had for decent prices. I've got my boxed Manglor and small boxed Batcopter in these cases. They fit beautifully. I think they look pretty good and they do a great job of protecting them from dust. If you google " football display cases " you'll see plenty of places where you can order them.

Robert Acquarulo

michblk

I've also seen those acrylic boxes to hold cereal boxes. 

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes