Show your blow mold stuff.

Started by Wicked Lester, October 14, 2010, 11:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monolith

Here's my Casper the friendly ghost Trick or Treat bucket...

Monolith

A few years ago I had this Hulk bank chock full of pennies and it was pretty heavy.

Vandor Zorkov

Funny how at the wane of the monster craze, when this stuff was common and cheap, I don't recall us having any of them (the Christmas blowmolds, yes). So...

Vandor Zorkov

Quote from: Monolith on October 16, 2010, 10:04:04 PM
A few years ago I had this Hulk bank chock full of pennies and it was pretty heavy.

For a second I thought it was either Ernest Borgnine or Brian Dennehy.

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Vandor Zorkov on October 16, 2010, 11:00:09 PM
Funny how at the wane of the monster craze, when this stuff was common and cheap, I don't recall us having any of them (the Christmas blowmolds, yes). So...

Great pic Vandor. I bet the kids really like walking up to a house like that. I know I would have 40 years ago.

GAKENSTEIN

Wonder why there weren't more Monster Blow Mold Yard Lights back during the 60s Monster Craze?  Or even in the 70s?  Today we have the Lugosi Dracula and a cartoonish Drac and Frank, but where are the Wolfman, Mummy, Creature, etc.  I 'd kill for a 4 ft. lighted Glenn Strange on my front lawn!!  I truly believe these would sell during the Halloween season at Target, WalMart, Kmart, etc.
"Supernatural perhaps, baloney perhaps not!"

raycastile

Raymond Castile

raycastile

Raymond Castile

ramsey37

The Hobo Jack O'Lantern blowmold on the left is a reproduction that Matt Jaycox was kind enough to pick up for me a few years ago. The hobo on the right is a vintage Empire piece I found last week at a local consignment shop. He just needs a replacement cord so he can help his brother light my living room this Halloween ;)
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

ramsey37

This is my Bela Lugosi as Dracula blowmold. He usually lurks in my bedroom where he's safe from sunlight, but this time of year I have him peering out my living room window at night, preparing to hypnotize trick-or-treaters into giving us their candy ;)
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

BaronLatos35

"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

raycastile

Raymond Castile

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Wicked Lester on October 17, 2010, 12:20:41 AM
Great pic Vandor. I bet the kids really like walking up to a house like that. I know I would have 40 years ago.

I love this retro look, and have been wanting to do this as well-but lack the windows not already obligated
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

raycastile

Raymond Castile

raycastile

Raymond Castile