The last thing you spent money on

Started by BlackLagoon, September 12, 2010, 01:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackLagoon

Be it a really cool monster collectible or something that put a smile on your face.....or something that totally sucked, like auto insurance, grocery or socks...what was the last thing you spent your hard earned dough on?

I'll start--I just bought a new copy of the awesome KISS import "Killers".
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Scatter

I'm up to about $30,000 on the house..........and it's still not ready to move into.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

raycastile

Spent money on two-part urethane foam and related supplies, plus my first airbrush and compressor.  I'm foaming and restoring some old masks. I'm still very new to it and learning the ropes.
Raymond Castile

BlackLagoon

Quote from: raycastile on September 12, 2010, 02:05:58 AM
Spent money on two-part urethane foam and related supplies, plus my first airbrush and compressor.  I'm foaming and restoring some old masks. I'm still very new to it and learning the ropes.

Sounds like a fun buy. Good luck with it--looking forward to seeing your work.
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

marsattacks666

I just bought more KISS 7-11 cups, and a HorrorHound magazine.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Scatter

Quote from: raycastile on September 12, 2010, 02:05:58 AM

Man, I'd be so freaking scared I'd ruin them. You're a daring lad Raymond.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

slayergriffith

I bought a copy of the orignal king kong, pet sementary, Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, and The Evil Dead. I spent $20 on all this.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Wicked Lester

A bottle of Kilo Kai spiced rum and a 12'er of Icehouse.

long live kong

5 Brittish natural history museum Dinosaur figurines from the 70's bought on ebay!
Monster lovers never grow old....

hammerfan

a large wolfman figure that was reduced at TRU cause the box was trashed. got it for 10 bucks!  I think these retail  for 40.  i can repair the box, but I plan to put the figure in a display case, so why bother. if you see damaged merchandise at TRU and ask a Mgr. they will most likely mark it down for you just to move it.
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

MDG

Went to a barn sale yesterday where you could fill a bag for two bucks, so for $4 I got: two big and one tiny plastic jack o'lanterns, a life-size styrofoam santa face, two different 45rpm record holders with neat-o teen graphics, an old, but usable, thermos, a glass cocktail shaker, ST:TNG Companion book (gift for a friend), a 10"  Bing Crosby xmas record, the Mitch Miller xmas album, four 60s spy-related albums (incl. the Goldfinger soundtrack), a Les Baxter 2-record set, a couple other albums with neat covers, and some other toys and books that my son threw in.
MDG

packy120353

Quote5 Brittish natural history museum Dinosaur figurines from the 70's bought on ebay!

I'd love to see a pic of these, or even one of them. Are they metal or plastic?

long live kong

Quote from: packy120353 on September 12, 2010, 05:11:13 PM
I'd love to see a pic of these, or even one of them. Are they metal or plastic?

A hard plastic. I had them as a kid, they're very lifelike (though the Iguanadon is standing upright in the retro style!) and they are all to scale. I'll post some pics when they arrive.  ;)
Monster lovers never grow old....

BaronLatos35

A long sleeve 'Skins shirt online. My wife loves this look.

Thinking about some Raiders gear next. Silver and Black is tough.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Street Worm

my weekly stack of comics &
a few beers~