Author Topic: your number 1 famous monsters cover  (Read 4257 times)

Dr.Teufel Geist

• Sergeant
Re: your number 1 famous monsters cover
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 11:37:45 PM »

Dr.Teufel Geist

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 11:39:19 PM »

Dr.Teufel Geist

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 11:40:47 PM »

ICEMANN333

• Corporal
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 07:25:46 AM »
hello members .....great pictures............helps out a lot  big j.............

Minion

• Corporal
    • Monster-Mayhem
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 08:31:20 AM »

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 10:18:25 AM »
Please, please, let me choose more than 1!!!

I would normally say #56 Frankenstein but looking at all of these together (not to mention some of the other covers posted) it really is a hard choice.  #58 The Mummy is just incredible all those nooks and crannies in the face!!  Then you look at #99 with that detail in the hair, the same with #62 Mr. Hyde just incredible attention to detail.  I guess what I'm saying is any Gogo's cover shares the #1 spot on my list!!!

The Spangler

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 12:09:52 PM »
 Follow this link: http://moviemags.com Select "monsters" under genre, then click Famous Monsters and it brings you to a nice gallery of covers.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:18:36 PM by The Spangler »

Kerry Gammill

• New Recruit
    • Monsterkid.com
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 01:59:29 PM »
These are my two favorite covers. Although Gogos is by far my favorite overall FM artist, I've always loved the cover of #94 by Sanjulian.

Wicked Lester

• Sergeant
  • You won't hear me until it's too late!
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
Some nice covers to be sure but C'mon. THIS is THE cover

It never happened but could you imagine an 8 min long (ala the modern action films) battle between these 2 just snarling and beating the crap out of each other. Biting ,tree stumps tossed, chases thru the woods stalking each other, MOns-teers droool. Yea thats what ahs talkin about.

LundyAfterMidnight

• Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »
Hey WL, I've always admired that cover too. It's one of those that made a bigger impression than the film itself. (Don't get me wrong, Frankenstein meets the Wolfman rocks!)
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

neonnoodle

• Sergeant
  • Horror Express
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
#103, for sure, that beautiful Gogos of the Lagoon Creature.  It just says "dive into a world of monsters!" for me.  I love A LOT of the covers.  But that one is my fave...plus, we also got to see it as puzzle, and as one of those glow-in-the-dark Alpha Bits posters, and maybe as some other stuff.  That painting got around!
"Even a man who is pure in heart, and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms, and the autumn moon is bright!"

Illoman

• Sergeant
    • Peel the Paint
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 09:45:25 PM »
These are my two favorite covers. Although Gogos is by far my favorite overall FM artist, I've always loved the cover of #94 by Sanjulian.

Wow!! I didn't know Kerry Gammill was in the house!! I have enjoyed your work since the Marvel days. I think I saw some spot illos you did in one of Marvel's monster mags back in the day. Your Gogos book was phenomenal as well.

As much as I love Basil's work, Sanjulian is awesome! I took that very same Famous Monsters all the way to Seattle to have him sign it last year. He didn't have a translator, but I was able to shake his hand and tell him what I thought of his work. Nice man.

Mike