HorroLit_zpsa39e2bb6.jpg~original

Author Topic: Easton Press Leatherbound Book Horror Cinema: Creature is on the Cover  (Read 473 times)

the_last_gunslinger

• Corporal
I just ordered Easton Press's book, Horror Cinema, after a long debate with myself. It's kind of pricey at 129 dollars, but you can pay for it in installments as well. It looks to be a beautiful edition, especially if you appreciate fine books. From Easton Press's website:

A fully illustrated resource to the greatest slashers, ghosts, zombies, cannibals and other nightmarish creatures to ever terrify on the silver screen. Each classic horror movie is described in terms of its unique hold on our imagination as well as its place in history.

With its premium leather binding, a hubbed spine accented with true 22kt gold, and gilded page ends, this luxurious volume is the state-of-the-art in fine bookmaking.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
Very nice and very expensive!
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

fearliath

• Corporal
That’s awesome. I’ve been considering this book for several months. I have many Easton Press books and I nearly ordered this one the second I saw Creature on the cover as I thought it may have been the Vargo Statten novelization of Creature (they sometimes print customer requests and I actually requested they print it late last year). Alas that dream did not come true... yet.  The only thing still holding me back is I wish it were just classic horror. I’m still strongly considering it.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
I thought it may have been the Vargo Statten novelization of Creature.

There was a reprint of that a couple of years ago.
CREATURE FAN

Duc de Lee

• New Recruit
FWIW, this is a reprint of the Taschen book edited by Paul Duncan and Jürgen Müller. (List price: $20) which itself is a re-formatted re-release.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
Welcome to the UMA, Duc de Lee!  :)

FWIW, this is a reprint of the Taschen book edited by Paul Duncan and Jürgen Müller. (List price: $20) which itself is a re-formatted re-release.

Thanks for the info! That'll be great for somebody that doesn't need the fancy binding.
CREATURE FAN

fearliath

• Corporal
There was a reprint of that a couple of years ago.

I bought that (the non-autographed version). I actually intend to get it bound in leather with the cover gold embossed almost exactly like this Easton Press book is. I got the idea because I have Easton Press volumes of Dracula, Frankenstein, Phantom, Dr. Jekyl, Hunchback, and King Kong and my son was absolutely bewildered I didn’t have Creature, Wolfman or the Mummy. I told him those movies weren’t based on specific books. He said “then make one”.

Joseph_Baeza

• Sergeant
  • Dr. Moreau: Have you forgotten the house of pain?
As stated already on here, it’s a leather bound reprint of this $15-20 book. I have it and it’s well worth the $15-20! https://cdn.taschen.com/media/images/1640/horror_cinema_hc_bu_gb_3d_49346_1901241219_id_1115676.png

the_last_gunslinger

• Corporal
I'm glad to hear the content is high quality. I was instantly drawn to the binding and the tasteful gold image of the Creature. My interest was primarily aesthetic.
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

BigShadow

• Sergeant
As stated already on here, it’s a leather bound reprint of this $15-20 book. I have it and it’s well worth the $15-20! https://cdn.taschen.com/media/images/1640/horror_cinema_hc_bu_gb_3d_49346_1901241219_id_1115676.png

I have the regular edition as well, and it is well worth purchasing and reading.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/767593183431720/?epa=SEARCH_BOX