Searching abebooks.com for autographs

Started by typhooforme, December 01, 2007, 10:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

typhooforme

http://abebooks.com

Over the years I've found some good horror-related autographs at www.abebooks.com and I thought I'd pass along a heads-up for some that are there right now.  If you go there, you can do some creative searches of your own.  Try typing a star's name (in quotes) in the KEYWORD slot of the SEARCH--and follow it by the word...signed.  You're liable to find some nifty stuff.  Also some dratted expensive stuff!  I didn't check today, but there have been some insanely expensive Karloffs and Cushings.  But there are many bargains to be had, too.  I just went there and did some searches--and found the following.  Go get 'em if you're in the mood for some Christmas shopping.

ORDER OF BATTLE by Ib Melchior (signed) $12.00

THE MARCUS DEVICE, another Melchior book (signed) $35.00

3 TO THE HIGHEST POWER by Ray Bradbury (signed) $10.00

WITCHES' BREW, another Bradbury (signed) $12.00

COLLECTING ORIGINAL ART, by Jeffrey Loria (signed by Vincent Price...from his personal library)  $20.00

BEN NICHOLSON; FIFTY YEARS OF HIS ART --(another one from Price's library, signed by him) $15.00

And you can find more than books at abebooks.com, too.  For example:
SIGNED ERLANGER THEATRE PROGRAM-MADWOMAN OF CHAILLOT - (signed by John Carradine) $150.00

VINTAGE PHOTOGRAPH-INSCRIBED AND SIGNED BY PATSY RUTH MILLER - $100.00

I think if you just type in the titles as I've written them, in the TITLE section of the search, you'll get these items.  Go, children of the night!  Buy what I dug up for you!  But try your own searches.   I like doing the search via the KEYWORD.  Good stuff turns up. 
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

Illoman

Robert, you are so right. I found a signed catalog from an art exhibit by the mighty James Bama at a very reasonable price on abe.com!

Mike

typhooforme

Quote from: Illoman on December 01, 2007, 11:34:56 PM
Robert, you are so right. I found a signed catalog from an art exhibit by the mighty James Bama at a very reasonable price on abe.com!

Mike

Bama was a HUGE coup!  Congrats on that, Mike.  My best abebooks buy was an Ernest Thesiger signed program for 40 bucks!  It takes some time to sift and sort, but bargains can still be found if you're willing to put in some Sherlock time!
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell