Our local CVS Pharmacy already has Halloween stuff out.

Started by OldTimey, July 31, 2010, 07:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opera Ghost

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 05, 2010, 08:26:19 PM

Cool stuff!

Ran to Michael's, Target and California Do-it Center to check for halloween. Only Michaels has some, and it looks like it might be some of last years left overs which they're blowing out, but prices did not look that attractive. They did have some 5" or 6" granite-stone looking busts of Frankenstein, Drac, a witch, and either wolfman or Mummy--can't remember now, at 1.99 each. Looks like the foam pumpkins have jumped up in price.
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Opera Ghost on August 05, 2010, 08:32:16 PM
Ran to Michael's, Target and California Do-it Center to check for halloween. Only Michaels has some, and it looks like it might be some of last years left overs which they're blowing out, but prices did not look that attractive. They did have some 5" or 6" granite-stone looking busts of Frankenstein, Drac, a witch, and either wolfman or Mummy--can't remember now, at 1.99 each. Looks like the foam pumpkins have jumped up in price.

I'm really hoping for something spectacular this year. Something that blows my mind.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Opera Ghost

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 05, 2010, 08:35:12 PM

I'm really hoping for something spectacular this year. Something that blows my mind.

I'll post pictures of my house H46j7
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Opera Ghost on August 05, 2010, 08:37:48 PM
I'll post pictures of my house H46j7

Sounds good!!! I will have to also. I purchased so many cool
items last Hallowe'en. ededed
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

charp13

Ok, my husband and I went to Garden Ridge yesterday and they seem to have their whole Halloween inventory out on display! The carvable fake pupkins have definitely gone up in price! The medium one was $19.99! Last year it was about $12.99. All the new inflatables were out- I didn't see anything too new looking except they had the same tall thinghost that was in the Grandin Road catalog for $99 for $59. There were alot of glitter pumpkins, candles and wreaths. But we only stocked up on the $1.99 creepy cloth. The fog machines looked like last years, boxes all toe up. They had the regular styro tomstones and some hanging type zombies/skeletons and the 5 ft. tall motion activated butler. In spite of only buying creepy cloth, we had fun looking.

Jscareshock

Our BIG LOTS put their Halloween stuff out two weeks ago.  I hope it's just the stuff they had back in storgae because if that's all they got then it will be a sad Halloween.

Michaels has their SPookytown stuff out and it is kind of depressing too.  THere's some nice stuff but not a lot of it.  They have a Creature from the Black Lagoon riding a blimp.  Last year he was in the back of a big wheel pickup truck.  Is nothing sacred?

zombiehorror

Picked up some $1 body parts from Dollar Tree as well as a skull ice cube tray...we actually melted down some Hershey's chocolate chips and used it to make some chocolate skulls earlier this evening...What's better than chocolate skulls?

Also over the weekend I went to Big Lots, they had the "Christopher Lee" sign ($7 for those wondering) but I passed on it (for now..LOL) in order to buy this (cost was $15)~

Lastly for anyone with the cash Lowe's as a Gemmy witch riding a broomstick for $150

http://gemmy.com/halloween/life-size/item/life-size/life-size-animated-rhoda-broome-witch-wwireless-mic-lowes-60231

....Damn I wish I had the cash...I had to pass up a few years ago when they had the Gemmy cauldron witch for that price!  Which by the way Walmart has that witch for $140 now...again, Damn I wish I had the cash!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Witch-With-Misting-Cauldron/11026507

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

Sadly, I think it's going to be a slow year for new Halloween stuff this year. We're entering a third year of this Recession and retail spending on stuff like this is way down. I hope I'm wrong, because Halloween is my favorite time of year and I love getting out and looking at all the stuff (even if I can't afford to buy much of it). I look forward to seeing the new inventive stuff that comes out each year.

Keep this thread going so we all know what's out and when stuff starts hitting shelves. The Halloween stuff is out at Cracker Barrel Restaurants. Nothing at Target or Wal Mart yet. I haven't really seen anything new yet.

charp13

Thanks for the detailed report, zombiehorror! BTW- I did not enter the contest a couple weeks ago, just so you would have a better chance!  Hahaha :)     Congratulations on your major award!  That Pub sign is cool and I'm pretty sure I did not see it at our BL. My husband and I went around the section 2 or 3 times, so I guess we didn't get the high end stuff. The BL we went to was about 15-20 miles from our house and it was FILTHY! We hand sanitized as soon as we got to the car....bleh   But I was happy with the stuff we got. I also went to Lowes over the weekend ans saw their stuff. The witch was pretty nice and the lighted sign post was awesome- but pricey! They also had shaking rubber heads and a couple inflatables. Nothing mind blowing.

zombiehorror

Quote from: Radioactive Rod Whitenack on August 24, 2010, 02:52:40 AM
Sadly, I think it's going to be a slow year for new Halloween stuff this year.

Word over on the Halloween Forum is that Walmart is looking to take on Halloween this year!  It obviously hasn't gone past their radar that a store like Spirit, as well as other Halloween specialty stores are still turning a profit...even at their ridiculously overpriced mark ups!  Walmart will have the 6' Gemmy Jason for $180 whereas most specialty stores will be charging at least $250!

Not sure how much of this you'll actually be able to find on the shelves but here is Walmart's online Halloween offerings....you won't have to look to far past the first page since everything after that is cutesy/sports team stuff~
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ref=&ic=96_0&tab_value=Online&search_query=halloween+decorations&search_constraint=0&depts=Gi_F_S_O 

charp13

Wow!!!!  I really want that skeleton butler! And that airblown ghost is on the Grandin Road website for $99.  I'm glad we are all scouting stuff out. This is very efficient   :)

neonnoodle

Yes, I got some of those goodies at Dollar Tree also...and Big Lots has some Halloween stuff out too, nice and early, the way I like it.  $20 misting skulls at Big Lots...oh, I always wanted a misting skull with green LED lighting, so I bought one.  Very cool!  I saw the same skulls for $30 at the Halloween Club stores, and that price will probably go up as Halloween nears.  So the Big Lots prices are pretty reasonable.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

marsattacks666

Quote from: zombiehorror on August 24, 2010, 02:35:09 AM
Picked up some $1 body parts from Dollar Tree as well as a skull ice cube tray...we actually melted down some Hershey's chocolate chips and used it to make some chocolate skulls earlier this evening...What's better than chocolate skulls?

Also over the weekend I went to Big Lots, they had the "Christopher Lee" sign ($7 for those wondering) but I passed on it (for now..LOL) in order to buy this (cost was $15)~

Lastly for anyone with the cash Lowe's as a Gemmy witch riding a broomstick for $150

http://gemmy.com/halloween/life-size/item/life-size/life-size-animated-rhoda-broome-witch-wwireless-mic-lowes-60231

....Damn I wish I had the cash...I had to pass up a few years ago when they had the Gemmy cauldron witch for that price!  Which by the way Walmart has that witch for $140 now...again, Damn I wish I had the cash!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Witch-With-Misting-Cauldron/11026507

That's really cool!!!

Opera Ghost

Moonshadow

Picked this up at our local Walgreen's tonight:

Mickey changes colors...ooooh!

They also had a Mickey jack o'lantern, which I'm now thinking I should pick up too. The power of Walt compels me!