Author Topic: Yolanda Super Monstruos  (Read 292 times)

Dr. Acula

• New Recruit
Yolanda Super Monstruos
« on: December 07, 2017, 10:11:43 PM »
I'm not sure if this should be in the "vintage" section or the "modern" one as these figures (Yolanda Super Monstruos) were first produced in the 80's but I think the ones that I recently acquired were manufactured more recently.  Yolanda is (or was) a toy company in Spain that specialized in small plastic figures.  In the 1980's they were purchased by another company, Comansi.  Apparently, figures using the original molds have been produced and sold more recently, still under the Yolanda name, so I'm not sure if Yolanda continues to exist as a sort of subsidiary under Comansi or exactly what the deal is.  Anyway, they have produced a lot of licensed figures (super heroes, TMNT, etc.), but it appears that their monster line is not licensed under Universal.  These are generic, cartoony versions of classic monsters, though their Frankenstein monster looks an awful lot like the Universal version (except that he has bolts in his temples rather than his neck).  I thought they looked interesting so I recently picked up a few.  Here's what I got ....

Frankenstein monster and a zombie.

The zombie has trouble remaining on his feet.  This seems to be a common problem with several of these figures.

Wolfman and Swamp Monster.

Swamp Monster isn't too steady on his feet, either!

Dracula and Vampire Woman.

These figures were first released in monochrome and then later in painted versions.  I prefer the painted versions, but I couldn't find any painted vampires, so I got the monochrome.  I may end up painting them myself.

Finally, here's Frankenstein and the Wolfman with their ReAction counterparts for comparison.

I have mixed feelings about these figures.  I like some of them, but the inability of some of them to stand up is maddening.  I think the Wolfman is my favorite, but I also like the vampire sculpts and want to see how they will look painted up.  There are a slew of other figures in this line -- the Mummy, a Hunchback, the Phantom of the Opera, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (looking rather like Two-Face), a Witch, a Ghost, and more.  I may pick up a few more eventually. 

Anybody else seen these before?  What do you think of them?

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
Re: Yolanda Super Monstruos
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:17:38 PM »
I like the simple fact that there is another line of monster figures out there.😎

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 01:13:51 PM »

Yolanda made quite a few "monster" figures...

(Click on picture for larger image.)

... at least 24.

ADAM

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 01:30:46 PM »
Yolanda made quite a few "monster" figures...

(Click on picture for larger image.)

... at least 24.

Is Quasimodo winking and giving a thumbs up? 

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »
Is Quasimodo winking and giving a thumbs up?

Looks like both.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 01:38:48 PM »
Also made in Barcelona under the name "Comansi", they were distributed in Milan, Italy by "Bibigio".

Here is the Dracula you are seeking:

Didn't see the female vampire, but she must be out there somewhere.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:46:14 PM by Monsters For Sale »
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 02:24:00 PM »

You might also like this taller (5.5 in.) Spanish PVC figure.  Made in 1992 by "Comics Spain".

FRANKENSTEIN - Figure - PVC - 5.5 in. - Best Popular Characters / Memorable Movie Monsters - Comics Spain - 1992

This cheap PVC figure came individually boxed with a certificate of authenticity! 

I'm pretty sure there was also a Dracula figure - but not sure about the other Universal monsters.  Any members have a complete list of their "Memorable Movie Monsters"?
ADAM

Monolith

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 01:44:18 AM »
I've got a bunch of those Yolanda Super Monstruos. I bought them in the mid-1990's. Here's one not pictured above. The Fly...

The Fly - Made In Spain by donald deveau, on Flickr

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 02:45:26 AM »
I've got a bunch of those Yolanda Super Monstruos. I bought them in the mid-1990's. Here's one not pictured above. The Fly... 

That cool and sick all at the same time.
ADAM

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 10:55:57 PM »

The Fly - Made In Spain by donald deveau, on Flickr

How does his jacket stay on?

Dr. Acula

• New Recruit
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 11:13:42 PM »
Comansi also released a set of Hotel Transylvania figures ... which I recently acquired!

Here are a few of them with their reAction counterparts.

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 01:27:17 AM »
Comansi also released a set of Hotel Transylvania figures ... which I recently acquired!...

...Here are a few of them with their reAction counterparts. ...

Nice background.  What is that from?
ADAM

Dr. Acula

• New Recruit
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 11:05:52 AM »
Nice background.  What is that from?

That's just something I found searching Google images for "gothic background."